Justia 10 Lawyer Rating - Badge
The Florida Bar / Board Certified / Civil Trial - Badge
The Best Lawyers in America - Badge
American Association for Justice - Badge
Broward County Bar Association - Badge
American Board of Trial Advocates - Badge
The Florida Bar / Leadership Academy - Badge
American Inns of Court - Badge
Avvo Rating 9.9 / Top Attorney - Badge
Broward County Justice Association BCJA - Badge
The National Trial Lawyers / Top 40 Under 40 - Badge
Florida Justice Association - Badge

Fort Lauderdale Child Abuse Attorney

This Fort Lauderdale Child Abuse Attorney Assists the Helpless

Child in a Dark Room

If your child has been injured, contact this Fort Lauderdale Child Abuse Lawyer today. Child abuse comes in all sorts of different forms. A child can be the victim of physical abuse. Or a child can be the victim of emotional/psychological abuse. Or a child can be the victim of sexual abuse. Each type of abuse is horrible and tragic in its own way, and each kind of abuse can have lasting effects.

Children who are the victims of abuse may be left with all sorts of emotional and psychological issues. For example, many child victims of abuse are diagnosed with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). Many of these children will require therapy and counseling services. This can be provided by a psychiatrist, psychologist or therapist.

If your child was abused anyplace in the State of Florida (including West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Miami or Miami-Dade County), contact this Fort Lauderdale Child Abuse Law Firm. You can gain compensation for your child with the help of this Fort Lauderdale Child Abuse Law Firm.

This Fort Lauderdale Child Abuse Lawyer Helps Kids who Have Been Injured

Child abuse takes place at sorts of different locations. This may include schools and daycares. If your child has been abused at a school or daycare, you may be able to pursue a case against that facility. This is true even if the abuse occurred at the hands of only one employee at the facility. In the State of Florida, an employer is responsible for the acts of its employees. This is pursuant to a theory of liability referred to as “respondeat superior.”

Nevertheless, while your child’s school or daycare might be liable for the actions of one of its employees, the school or daycare’s insurance company might deny coverage since the abuse was an intentional act. That is, most insurance policies contain “exclusions” for intentional torts, meaning that they will only provide compensation for negligence (i.e., not intentional torts). Therefore, if your child is abused at a school or daycare, you might be stuck pursuing compensation directly from the school or daycare (rather than from the insurance company of the school or daycare).

However, in that case, Mr. Quackenbush may be able to argue that the school or daycare may have committed negligence (rather than an intentional tort). In that case, the insurance policy of the school or daycare might provide coverage since the bad act was in the form of negligence (which the insurance policy will cover) rather than an intentional act. This negligence can come in the form of negligent hiring (i.e., if the school or daycare knew the employee who did the abuse was bad, and hired him/her anyway), negligent retention (i.e., the employee was doing bad things on the job, but the employer didn’t fire him/her), negligent training (i.e., the employee wasn’t trained properly, or negligent supervision (i.e., the employee wasn’t supervised closely enough). If you can prove any of these things, then you might be able to pursue a personal injury case against the school or nursing home where the abuse occurred, and the insurance company for the school or nursing home may have no choice but to provide coverage/compensation.

Additionally, your child may have been abused while in DCF or foster care custody. If this occurred, then you may be able to pursue a case against the governmental agency that was in charge of your child.

Advice From this Broward County Child Neglect Law Firm

If your child has been the victim of abuse, then there are several things that you should do. Firstly, you should take pictures of any of your child’s physical injuries. After abuse, your child’s injuries will hopefully get better, and it may become too late to document those injuries. As such, you should take photographs of the injuries as soon as possible.

Secondly, you should get your child to a doctor as soon as possible. It is important for your child’s health (as well as any potential criminal case) that you have your child treated by a medical professional as soon as possible.

Call to Talk to This South Florida Child Injury Attorney/Lawyer

Call Mr. Quackenbush if your child has been the victim of abuse anyplace in Broward County. This includes Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Coral Springs, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Hallandale Beach, Hollywood, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderhill, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Southwest Ranches, Sunrise, Tamarac, West Park, Weston and Wilton Manors. Mr. Quackenbush can be reached at 786-294-7711, and will give you a free, no obligation consultation.

Client Reviews

Anthony is knowledgeable, accessible and provides explanations in detail so your particular case is easier to understand step by step. I strongly recommend Anthony to anyone in search of an attorney.

Justin W.

Anthony Quackenbush is a top-notch attorney who will go the distance for you and your family. There aren’t many attorneys you can trust in South Florida, but rest assured that Mr. Quackenbush is as loyal and trustworthy as they come.

Gabriel D.

Tony Quackenbush is an awesome attorney. He was patient, effective, and professional with handling my personal injury case. He secured more money for my injury then I ever would have hoped or dreamed. I'm whole today because of Tony.

Yesi P.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Free Consultation
  2. 2 Available 24/7
  3. 3 No Fee Unless We Win

Fill out the contact form or call us at 954-448-7288 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message